Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Two Worlds

I live more than an hour outside of Boston, but commute into the city every day for work.  I can't seem to get over how different the two environments are - luckily I love the city and the country, so I feel lucky to get to have a little bit of both:



This weekend we went for a walk in the woods behind our house.  It's conservation land, and there are some gorgeous trails cut through the trees.  We went in the late morning, and the woods were kind of an eerie green color.  This path leads down to a little river that beavers have dammed up into quite the swamp.  The boys love to go throw sticks into the water, and the dog can't seem to chase enough geese.  But see all of that snow still on the ground?  Even so - TICKS.  We always come home covered in ticks, and in Massachusetts ticks are no joke.  It almost makes me hesitate to go into the woods - but what kind of childhood would that be? 
 
And then, in the city . . . I love grabbing photos of some of my favorite Boston things, like the federal courthouse (law nerd, I know) or the little spots of color in a grey winter city.
Courthouse with the best views.

Sculpture outside my office.
I love these spare displays in the florist's window.
Very controversial Os Gemeos mural in this straight-laced city, but I love it.  And I think that box in the foreground will be a little urban farm box-thing in the summer?  I hope so!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!