Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Snowdrop


I've been keeping busy stalking smokestacks and inspecting public gardens for signs of spring.  And finally, it's happening - I spotted this snowdrop on the Greenway this morning.  I think this particular winter has felt extra long because I associate it ending with this pregnancy ending and getting to meet my daughter.  It makes waiting that much harder.  There have been many irrational days when I am convinced that this will be a never-ending winter (maybe too much Game of Thrones?) and think that it's impossible that I'll ever be barefoot on the grass holding a little baby.

Despite all that, I am not wishing away this pregnancy.  I actually love being pregnant (which is a good thing!) and I'm not eager for my little Finnster to give up baby-of-the-family status. He's still my little monkey, and I hate that his place in the world is going to change, even though I know adding a sibling is always a good thing for everyone.  Both boys have been kissing my belly and snuggling up as close as they can, but we haven't done much to prepare them for what's going to happen.  It might be about time to start talking about what babies do (cry! nurse! sleep!) and what it means to be a big brother.  They are going to be wonderful, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!