Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

everyone's a critic

Being a mother is humbling, isn't it?  Recognizing the tremendous responsibility, the impossibility of the task, all that?  Also, because your children will tell you to your face when you look a mess.  Ahem:

--------

Conor: "I don't like your hair like that [ponytail].  I like it when it's all . . . wide."

----------

Finn: "WHO COLOR ON YOU BACK?"  [tattoos] [Finn only ever yells, hence the all caps.  Also I think he was really alarmed that someone had attacked me with markers.]

--------

Me: "Conor, do you like this scarf?"

Conor:   [Half-smile, nod] "Mmm-hmm."  [Walks away, shaking head, silently mouthing "noooooo."]

---------

Conor:  [With wrinkled nose] "Mom, can you just -- change your face?"

--------

Cass hasn't gotten mouthy yet, but we're dealing with a lot of this:


1.  "Nothing to see here, mama.  Scoot."
2.  "She'll never notice if I just swallow this real quick-like."
3.  "I HATE YOU I HATE YOU."
4.  Onward.

And this has nothing to do with anything, but Conor "graduated" from pre-school (since when is that a thing?  No matter, it was pretty cute) and summer is ON. 
Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!