Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Five Favorites

Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com 

Linking up with Hallie to share five favorite things - Newborn Edition!  Sweet baby Cass is three weeks old, so I have newborn items on the brain, and most of these these have seen me through three babies in four years.  Trust me, they rock. 

                  
We have used these diapers for four years, and have loyally bought a few more each time we have a baby.  We've pretty much had two kids in diapers at any given time and have needed to occasionally buy new ones to last us between washes, but these things hold up for YEARS.  And how freaking cute is that pattern?

For Cass, we've added Thirsties cloth wipes and Kissaluvs diaper lotion potion to our cloth diapering routine, and they have made it even easier - now everything just goes in the diaper pail, no need to separate out yucky disposable wipes for the trash.  And the bum spray smells wonderfully of lavender. 

2.  Ikabags Stockholm Diaper Bag
BEST SELLER Diaper bag / Messenger bag STOCKHOLM Gray geometric nautical striped Leather / Featured on The Martha Stewart
I love diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags.  Jon got me this one for Mother's Day this year, and I love it for the summer.  (Side note: I just noticed that bizarro little bear doll in the photo.  It doesn't come with the bag, fyi.)  It has a dozen interior pockets and fits everything somehow.  I do wish the straps were a bit more substantial, but I can live with that small flaw.  And each one is hand made in France, which makes me feel a little more stylish even when I'm wearing yoga pants and a milk-stained t-shirt (so, most days).  And here's my winter diaper bag (slash work bag slash gym bag - this thing may be the perfect bag):

It's from Timi and Leslie, and is a more stocked diaper bag - it has a changing pad, bottle holder, etc.  But NO ONE can tell it's a diaper bag - I can't tell you how many fancy lawyers at my fancy law firm have complimented me on this bag.  Stealth mom.  
Hiking with 3-month old Conor.
 This is the best wrap for summer babies, hands down.  It's like a Moby, which I also love, but much more lightweight and stretchy so you don't get quite so sweaty.  And it has UV protection.  AND it's waterproof, so you can wear it in the water (not, like, swimming, obviously, because then your baby would drown, but if you want to wade waist-deep in the water with your toddler or something).   Oh, and it's black so it matches all of my (boring, black) outfits.  And it's made by a mom-owned business with the awesome name Gypsy Mama, in Maine.   Win-win-win-win-win.
 
for the birds
Put!  A!  Bird!  On!  It!
These are apparently old news by now, but I don't care.  We started using them with Conor four years ago, and are die-hard loyalists.  I buy these for every new mom I know.  They are the only swaddles we've found that actually stay put, and the same blankets we used with Conor and Finn are somehow even softer now than they were four years ago.  Magic.  But we did get this gorgeous pink set as a gift for Cass, and I love the delicate patterns.  See?
Cass loves them too.


5.  This Girl:

All babies are sweet, but this little lady is maybe just the sweetest.  Even hidden under a pile of ruffles (her party dress for Conor's fourth birthday).  I am IN.  LOVE.





8 comments:

  1. Love those diaper bags! I invested in a Storksak a while back and love it more with each passing year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't a good, functional, hopefully cute bag make such a difference in life?

      Delete
  2. I can't pick my favorite of your favorites! I, now, have total diaper bag envy...might have to save up...even though I love my current one...and don't need another...oh dear. Those BG are totally cute. I DID swear off BG, though, because we had a bad experience and they did NOT last through even one child. But I have my happy place, and am not bitter, and wish every happiness on those for whom BG provides a good experience. LOOOOOVE Aden and Anais swaddle wraps - got one as a hand-me-down -- makes me totally happy. And the photos of your sweet little girl are so beautiful. Love love love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha - I find that different people have such different cloth diapering experiences. For example, I wanted prefolds to be the perfect diapers for us so badly, and they just didn't. Oh, they just didn't in such a spectacular way. Whatever works, right? And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Love those swaddle blankets as well! I'm new to the CD-ing scene, but bought a few BG pockets to try out. Baby girl is still a little too chicken-legged for them, but I hope we love them : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do too! I love it when their little chicken legs stick up in the air because the diaper is so bulky - it is just the cutest thing. It does make her 0-3 month size pants look pretty ridiculous, too. Poor baby.

      Delete
  4. That diaper bag is so beautiful. I love the grey and the yellow--I'm all about those colors right now.

    And your baby is so sweet. I need a little girl baby so I can buy her pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am planning a yellow and grey nursery for Cass in our new house. I just love that combination too.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!